March 18th, 2005

Construction yard

I’m working on making the menu system more user-friendly, but it’s experimental for me, because things never turn out as easy as people make it sound…. I’ve got a tourney game at 12h30 (so 5 minutes ago, it seems, so I’d better rush – will try to fix things later.

Posted by Steve in Announcements

This entry was posted on Friday, March 18th, 2005 at 12:33 pm and is filed under Announcements. You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

7 Responses to “Construction yard”

Ah, now we know what Steve does when he’s not working on the club website, organising club events, or studying the SAGA constitution 😉

ps How come I don’t get yellow smiley faces to put in my comments like everyone else? Is it browser dependent?

Ah, I see – you just type a manual smiley and it gets converted by magic. What if I actually _want_ semi-colon dash bracket in my post?

Tough luck 😛

In any case, I’m waiting for Tech Support (aka Jaco S) for help with the menus – in the meantime, I’ll be getting Pretoria Go club settled in.

4. Tristen says:

Broken link.

Hi Steve,

Stuart pointed this out:

This is a broken link. From the download section.

Tristen

Thanks – fixed.

6. Tristen says:

Why are the comments squeezing the main text? Is it that the url in Konrad’s comment is not wrapping around?

It seems that that was the problem. There are no spaces in the URL, so it can’t wrap. Since the link Konrad gave was in my main post anyway, I deleted it, and replaced the broken URL in your comment by a reference.

If you wish to leave comments with URLs in them, please just use references rather than posting the full URL text in your comment. Most browsers will show the URL when you hover, or allow you to “Copy link location”, so people can get the URL if they wish.