The Annual General Meeting of the SAGA will be held on Saturday 17th April 2010 during the lunch break of the SAGA second quarter internet tournament in the South African Room on KGS (expected time 14h00). The agenda will be as follows:
- Considering the 2009 minutes for acceptance.
- Receipt and consideration of the President’s report for 2009/2010
- Receipt and consideration of the Treasurer’s report for 2009
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2009
- Election of new council members for 2010/2011. [Update: Valid nominations were received for John Leuner (Proposed: Steve Kroon; Seconded: Chris Welsh), David Richfield (Proposed: Steve Kroon; Seconded: Chris Welsh), and Paul Steyn (Proposed: Chris Welsh; Seconded: Steve Kroon)]
- Matters arising
The reports and financial statements will be released in due course, and linked to from this article.
This post also serves as a call for nominations for the SAGA council for 2010/2011. Chris Welsh, Andre Connell and Ben Gale’s terms of office expire in April. Nominations must reach the secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 6 March 2010: nominations require a proposer and a seconder, and an indication by the nominee that (s)he is willing to serve on the SAGA council. Proposer, seconder, and nominee must all be members of SAGA (more details on nomination are available in paragraph 6.9 of the SAGA constitution).