The Annual General Meeting of the SAGA will be held on Saturday 16th April 2011 during the lunch break of the SAGA second quarter internet tournament in the South African Room on KGS (expected time 14h00). The agenda will be as follows:
- Considering the 2010 minutes for acceptance.
- Receipt and consideration of the President’s report for 2010/2011
- Receipt and consideration of the Treasurer’s report for 2009
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2009
- Receipt and consideration of the Treasurer’s report for 2010
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2010
- Election of new council members for 2011/2012.
- Matters arising
The reports and financial statements will be released in due course, and linked to from this article.
This post also serves as a call for nominations for the SAGA council for 2011/2012. Steve Kroon and Andrew Davies’ terms of office expire in April. Nominations must reach the secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 27 February 2010: nominations require a proposer and a seconder, and an indication by the nominee that (s)he is willing to serve on the SAGA council. Proposer, seconder, and nominee must all be members of SAGA (more details on nomination are available in paragraph 6.9 of the SAGA constitution).
Update: The original announcement initially gave the date as 10 April, rather than 16 April. This has been corrected.
Update: The revised announcement initially gave the year as 2010, rather than 2011. This has been corrected.