The Annual General Meeting of the SAGA will be held on Saturday 14th April 2012 during the lunch break of the SAGA second quarter internet tournament in the South African Room on KGS. This means that the meeting will start at 14h00, unless there are second-round games still in progress, in which case the meeting will begin when those games have been concluded. The agenda will be as follows:
- Considering the 2011 minutes for acceptance.
- Receipt and consideration of the President’s report for 2011/2012
- Receipt and consideration of the Treasurer’s report for 2009
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2009
- Receipt and consideration of the Treasurer’s report for 2010
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2010
- Receipt and consideration of the Treasurer’s report for 2011
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2011
- Election of new council members for 2012/2013
- Matters arising
The reports and financial statements should be released in due course, and linked to from this article.
This post also serves as a call for nominations for the SAGA council for 2012/2013. Paul Steyn and Lloyd Rubidge’s terms of office expire in April. Nominations must reach the secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 3 March 2012: nominations require a proposer and a seconder, and an indication by the nominee that (s)he is willing to serve on the SAGA council. Proposer, seconder, and nominee must all be members of SAGA (more details on nomination are available in paragraph 6.9 of the SAGA constitution).
Update (12 April 2012): A link to the president’s report has been added.