The Annual General Meeting of the SAGA will be held on Saturday 13th April 2013 during the lunch break of the SAGA second quarter internet tournament in the South African Room on KGS. This means that the meeting will start at 14h00, unless there are second-round games still in progress, in which case the meeting will begin when those games have been concluded. The preliminary agenda will be as follows:
- Considering the 2012 minutes for acceptance.
- Receipt and consideration of the President’s report for 2012/2013
- Adoption of the Revised Financial Statements for 2008 (see note below)
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2009
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2010
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2011 (note that this was updated since the original call: the version linked here was loaded 17 Feb 2013)
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2012
- Receipt and consideration of the Treasurer’s report for 2011 (covering 2009-2011)
- Receipt and consideration of the Treasurer’s report for 2012 (note: original link provided was to the 2011 report)
- Election of new council members for 2013/2014 (see below)
- Matters arising
This post also serves as a call for nominations for the SAGA council for 2013/2014. John Leuner and David Richfield’s terms of office expire in April. Nominations must reach the secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 March 2013: nominations require a proposer and a seconder, and an indication by the nominee that (s)he is willing to serve on the SAGA council. Proposer, seconder, and nominee must all be members of SAGA (more details on nomination are available in paragraph 6.9 of the SAGA constitution).
Note: After the acceptance of the 2008 financial statements were accepted, some decisions by the council in 2009 impacted on the accounting of certain amounts, and the treasurer at the time, Sakkie Buys, revised the financial statements. The revised versions were supposed to be submitted for approval at the 2010 SAGA AGM, but this was not done due to an oversight. When preparing the financial statements for 2009-2012, this oversight was discovered and the the revised statements are thus now presented for approval. For further queries on this point, please contact email@example.com before the AGM. (Original revised statements from Sakkie Buys: Revised Financial Statements for 2008; these are the original 2008 statements approved at the 2009 AGM).
Regarding new council members: John Leuner has indicated he is willing to serve another term on the council, although he may need to resign from the council if his other responsibilities take him abroad indefinitely. The only other nomination for the council is Chris Welsh (nominated by Steve Kroon; seconded by Francois van Niekerk).
Posted by Steve in SAGA