The 2013 Cape Town was notable for finally having an even number of players. In fact, with precisely eight players, it was agreed to play the tournament as a Swiss tournament, rather than the more usual MacMahon format.
There were no notable upsets, apart perhaps from Francois van Niekerk 3k beating Lloyd Rubidge 1k. Otherwise it went according to rank.
Full results were
1. Sam Scott 3d – 3 wins (beat Stephen Martindale, Chris Welsh and Andrew Davies)
2. Andrew Davies 3d – 2 wins (beat Max Rabkin and Francois van Niekerk)
3. Chris Welsh 1d – 2 wins (beat Paul Steyn and Lloyd Rubidge)
4. Francois van Niekerk 3k – 2 wins (beat Lloyd Rubidge and Paul Steyn)
5. Lloyd Rubidge 1k – 1 win (beat Max Rabkin)
6. Paul Steyn 4k – 1 win (beat Stephen Martindale)
7. Max Rabkin 7k – 1 win (beat Stephen Martindale)
8. Stephen Martindale 9k – 0 wins
There were no rank promotions.