Notice of 2014 SAGA AGM and call for Council nominations
The 2014 Annual General Meeting of the SAGA will be held on Saturday 24th May 2014 during the lunch break of the SAGA second quarter internet tournament in the South African Room on KGS. This means that the meeting will start at 13h45, unless there are second-round games still in progress, in which case the meeting will begin when those games have been concluded. The preliminary agenda will be as follows:
- Considering the 2013 minutes for acceptance.
- Receipt and consideration of the President’s report for 2013/2014
- Adoption of the Financial Statements for 2013
- Receipt and consideration of the Treasurer’s report for 2013
- Election of new council members (see below) [14 April edit: No nominations were received by 12 April, so we will accept nominations from the floor at the meeting.]
- Voting on proposed constitution amendment (see below)
- Matters arising
This notice also serves as a call for nominations for a new SAGA council member to serve from 2014. Steve Kroon’s terms of office expires in May. Nominations must reach the SAGA secretary ( email@example.com ) by 12 April 2014: nominations require a proposer and a seconder, and an indication by the nominee that (s)he is willing to serve on the SAGA council. Proposer, seconder, and nominee must all be members of SAGA.
Proposed constitutional amendment: In order to reduce the administrative overhead when changing membership fee levels, it is proposed that clause 5.1 of the constitution, which currently reads:
Annual membership fees shall be set by ballot or by resolutions of general meetings, but at the discretion of the Council they may in subsequent years be varied in proportion to the Consumer Price Index without reference to general meetings, taking as base the figures obtaining on the date of the last such resolution, and modified up or down within a range of five per cent.
be replaced by
Annual membership fees shall be set at the discretion of the Council.
Posted by Steve as at 11:53 AM, No Comments »